Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review for Incendiary (The Premonition Series #4)

Since Amy A. Bartol is such a sweetheart & wished be well on my new blog, I decided that the next review I did would be for the most recent book in her incredible series. If you haven't heard of this series before, you are really, really missing out! I will post the links to the books in order at the end of this review so you can check them out!



First of all, let me say that this book gets 5 + + + stars from me! I'm fangirl obsessed with this entire series! I found out about this series a little late, so I didn't have to wait around for the new books to be released (like I'm driving myself crazy doing right now! Book 5 is out sometime in the summer-- the summer?! No! *fingers crossed* that she somehow finishes early and puts me out of my misery!




★★★★★
 
Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)

Ok, so here's the synopsis:
 
Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship's interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.
 
I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread. I find it difficult to imagine now how the Gancanagh had made this their home for so long without anyone realizing it. The cold, moss-covered edifices practically scream their presence. As I study the shadows between the falling-down stone, I imagine creeping shapes of undead Faeries grasping the rock, waiting for our ship to draw nearer to their position.

Tipping my face up, I let the rain wash over me. It bathes away the frigid sweat of fear that has broken on my brow. "You don't know how fiercely beautiful you are, do you?" A quiet voice behind me asks, causing me to stiffen and fix my eyes on the rocks along the shoreline.
____________________________________________
 
So by the time I got to this book, I was officially, 100% invested and in love with these characters. So my hopes were high for this book. I was NOT disappointed one bit. Actually, this one was so action-packed that it might have been the best one yet. And that's saying a lot! So in the first 3 books, we have Russell, who is Evie's soul mate. But she loves Reed. But Russell is so sweet and always knows just the right things to do or say. But then there's Reed. But she's MEANT to be with Russell, right? So why is Reed so stinking amazing?!

 
"Evie's head is pressed tightly to my chest; I would pull her inside of me and have my heart beat for us both if I could."
 
Oh, Reed. Do you see my dilemma here? Evie is torn (but not really because it is all about Reed), I'm torn, it is just a big mess. Amy sure knows how to write a book boyfriend, let me tell you, and she just keeps throwing them at us! We have Reed and Russell, but then we have the one and only Brennus. Who is completely awful, but somehow he pulls at your heart strings. How that's possible, I have no idea. You love to hate him, you hate to love him, but deep down you know he's bad news. And boy did he prove it in this book!

"Just when you think that maybe Brennus is running' out of crazy, he shows up with a brand new can of it... economy size."

 
So there's action, action, action in this book. Evie's and Russell's powers/abilities start to really develop, which is so cool to read about. And we finally get some answers about Evie, although Amy makes sure to leave us with even MORE questions. First of all-- Russell gets some side action in the form of HIS Aspire... What!? But I actually totally love Anya, she's so badass. And Russell deserved to have someone special. So when Russell is somewhat distracted and kinda, sorta out of the way? We get Xavier! Holy freaking Xavier. I love him. I'm all for Reed, really I am. But something about Xavier just calls to me. He was with her for all of those years (two words: soccer game. So sweet.) and he never really wanted to leave her. And there's a long, long history there that we still don't know all about. But Evie is not happy with him.

 
"How ex are we talking?"

"The kind where you have to take everything that he ever gave you and bury it in the backyard so there will be nothing to remind you of how much you loved him."

 
But then he says things like this. Poor Xavier.

 
"To ache from the knowledge that I may never hold you again - to count the moments, like grains of sand, while we were parted only to escape the sky and find that you still only know me as a boy from school..."


I know, right? Then, along with Xavier, comes Evie's long lost Daddy-- Tau. I'm also really liking Tau. So far it seems like he's got a great heart even though he and Evie have some issues to resolve. He seems to really care about her.

 
"You were afraid of me? Don't you meet with the Fallen in Sheol?"


"Yes, but none of them had ever stolen my heart nor left me without words to ponder its loss."

 
Both Tau and Anya, it seems, are rooting for Xavier. And at this point, I don't know WHO in the hell I'm rooting for anymore.

 
 "Xavier...he is afraid of losing you- He is also insane for you. Insane for you without the soul to join yours or the deep attraction to awaken you...but with the devotion to endure this Godless place for you."

 
But yes, Reed, Russell, Brennus, and then BAM! Xavier, too. Like I said, book boyfriends galore. I love them all. Except Brennus. Sometimes. Ok, I know he's awful. So I can't wait to see what happens with Xavier and Tau. Hopefully we'll get even more answers. Oh, and Brennus-- still freaking around! I mean, COME ON! Ughhh! And now possibly stronger than before? Crazy.
 
Amy has a way of writing that really puts you RIGHT THERE in the story, with the characters. I could so see this being a movie (oh please, oh please, oh please) and it would be AMAZING. And there is so much more going on besides just the relationship drama in this book (and the previous three), but if I tried to get into all of that, this review would be 10x longer than it already is. So on that note, I'll wrap it up. READ THESE BOOKS! You will not be disappointed!
 
 
READING ORDER
  1. Iniquity (TBR)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...