Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review for Love's Forbidden Flower by Diane Rinella

 
★★★★
Love's Forbidden Flower
 
Synopsis:
 
The heart cares not what society forbids.

Lily nurtures a secret love for a flawless man—the one who is her soul mate. Donovan is gorgeous, charismatic, and delights in all of Lily’s talents and quirks. Their innate knowledge of each other is almost telepathic. Together they interlock like fine threads creating luxurious silk.

But society dictates this picture-perfect adoration is the ghastliest of all possibilities.

As Lily embarks on a quest for the romance the heavens intended, her suitor turns reluctant. Desperate to uncover why Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hiding decayed from a tender-hearted gentleman into a ferociously self-serving, cocky bastard, Lily is prepared for battle when it comes to the salvation of her soul mate. However, Donovan traps Lily in a mental game of chess, leaving her to question his sanity. When Lily’s revelations about Donovan’s destructive alter ego lead to an inconceivable truth, can she help Donovan survive fate’s cruel joke?

Impassioned, witty, and deeply moving, Love’s Forbidden Flower is filled with stunning controversies that will forever haunt your heart.
________________________________________________________________
 
I was asked to read Love's Forbidden Flower and to provide an honest review. Originally, I passed on reading this because the subject matter was a bit out of my comfort zone. But curiosity got the best of me and I really wanted to see how the story played out, so I decided to give it a try. It's a bit difficult for me to find the words to adequately describe how I felt while reading this book, so this will probably be short and sweet! Yes, at times I was a bit uncomfortable about certain events that took place within the book, but I actually had a much easier time getting through it than I had originally expected. All of the characters were well developed and I found myself very invested in them and their story. I loved Lily and Donovan separately and as friends, just not as anything more. I really loved Christopher and everything about him. And I think that it all ended as it should. This was a very emotional, interesting and, despite dealing with a very taboo issue, very beautifully written story. Overall, even though this book is one that I was a bit leery of reading, I'm glad that I did. I think that if you want to read something a little different and aren't afraid to step outside of your comfort zone, then you should try this one out.

The first chapter is provided HERE so you can get an idea of what you would be getting yourself into.
 
The sequel, Time's Forbidden Flower is to be released some time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...