Friday, February 22, 2013

Review- Arouse by Nina Lane

 
★★★★★
Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1)
 
Synopsis:
 
"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.

And he did.

Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other...and sex might not be enough to save them.
__________________________________________________________________
 
It was a bit refreshing for me to read a book about a couple who is already married. So many books I've read share the story of how a couple comes together, how they overcome their issues and get their happily ever after-- but they always leave me wondering just what exactly happens AFTER, so I was excited to see what Arouse had in store. This was a truly lovely story about a happily married couple, Dean and Olivia, who each have difficult and complicated pasts, and how they deal with the problems they encounter in their marriage. A few obstacles and bad decisions leave them now trying to find their way back to each other.
 
The heart and soul poured into this book was ridiculous (in a great way!). I felt like I was right there with this couple the entire time. Feeling what they were feeling, wanting what they wanted. It was very beautifully written, I cried probably the entire time-- sometimes happy tears, often times not, but I loved every minute of it. It was wonderful to see a couple who truly love each other no matter what problems they face, and who are determined to fight for each other and their marriage. And I really did feel all of those conflicting emotions right along with the characters-- anger for what was done, shame for doing it, desperation in wanting to fix their problems but not knowing how, and then the love and devotion they had for each other despite it all. I mean, let me just say now that I'm in love with Dean. Oh my goodness, he is just amazing. *swoon* He has got to be the perfect mixture of sexy and protective and a little bit geeky. He's just wonderful. Liv sure is a lucky duck.
 
As much of an emotional and beautiful story this book was, there was still crazy amount of intense, steamy moments. Wow! These were probably some of the best romantic scenes I've ever read, they were so, so good. I absolutely adored this book, and if you're looking for a thought provoking, emotional read with tons of fan yourself sex scenes, look no further. As for the ending... a bit of a cliffhanger. Nothing to get really upset about, but it will definitely ensure that you'll be dying for the next book! Honestly, it was something that I expected to happen earlier in the book-- but since it didn't, I almost forgot all about it, and then BAM! So yeah, ALLURE (book two) needs to really hurry up and get here ;) Especially because of that little teaser we got at the end of this book. COAT. CLOSET. That is all. *gulp* I give this one 5 heart wrenching, emotional, arousing stars. Loved it! Go get it-- now!
 
"Liv," he said, his voice rough with tenderness, "you don't have to be afraid."
"Why not?"
"Because I'll slay monsters for you."
 
"You're so damn strong, Liv, and you don't even realize it. I'm the one who's always had to show people I'm successful, an achiever, the best at everything I did. I'm the one who's always been a goddamn egotist. A groveler. And you…you're the first person who's ever…Christ, Liv, sometimes the way you look at me makes me feel like I can hang the fucking moon."
"Because I've always believed you can."
 
"Since the day we met, I haven’t wanted anyone but you,” Dean says . My heart jumps a little.
“Never looked at another woman,” he continues. “Never thought about one. It’s always been you, Olivia.”

1 comment:

  1. YAY, Brittany and Bianca! So happy to see you as part of the AROUSE tour -- thanks so much for participating and again for posting such a great review of the book. I still think your description of Dean is the best one yet! I so appreciate your support -- thank you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...